3rd October 2018
It’s been over a year since my last update to my now page.
I imagine the only person reading this is Niki (!) so I will give a more personal update!
Since the last date I’ve spoken at over a dozen events around the world, which has been a pleasure. I released my book, and have just this month released the Engagement Assessment.
But, I still struggle to clearly articulate my offering. This isn’t because I don’t think engagement isn’t valuable. Rather, it is my perfectionism coupled with my sincere dislike of people being sold things they don’t need. (But, perhaps that’s just a stalling tactic for my perfectionism, eh?)
Here’s a photo I quite like that I took in Monaco:
Me by the numbers:
23 kids, 1 wife, and 1 hamster1 dog
- Over 500 talks / workshops / lectures / seminars / sermons done
16 1718 years experience in engagement
20,00021,000 hours in community building
- 400+ conferences / productions / concerts / shows / services that I’ve run
- 20 years of web, graphic and creative designer – innumerable things made
- 16 years old when I had my first client, self employed since 19 (2003)
- 40 television programmes produced
100200-ish poems written
- 1300-ish congregants pastored
- 1 stammer that I manage
2000-isha few hundred books in my library (I had a major cull)
- 20 years of managing depression
- 35 items or so of clothing, excluding underwear (thus 1 aspiring minimalist)
- Bench pressing 85kg