The Shape of Engagement
The Shape of Engagement
The Art of Building Enduring Connections with Your Customers, Employees and Communities
Buy the book from your regional Amazon store:
"I love every model in this book."
— B. Joseph Pine II, author of The Experience Economy (Harvard Business Review Press)
"Relationships matter. In the early days of Twitter we did all we could to build enduring connections with users — and it worked. This book shows you how to do the same."
— Claire Diaz-Ortiz, award-winning author (One Minute Mentoring, Twitter for Good) and Silicon Valley innovator
"…a guide useful for any executive or individual seeking to understand the fundamental elements and importance of engagement"
— Bruce Bolger, President of The Enterprise Engagement Alliance
Download the FREE Shape of Engagement Resource Pack and get:
- All the frameworks in a slide deck for presentations
- An executive summary of the book for your team
- A list of key engagement statistics and sources
- High-resolution colour images of the shapes
- Diagnostic forms to audit your engagement
- Expanded editions of the frameworks
Do you know how to successfully engage your customers, employees, and community?
The answer is probably no. While engagement is one of the biggest buzz words around, and indeed is one of the most needed things in our fast changing world, most executives and managers shrug their shoulders in bewilderment as to what it actually is, and how it actually works beyond hit-and-miss tactics.
For all the talk of it, do you still shrug your shoulders in bewilderment and ask yourself what earth is engagement? Do you know how to go beyond mere tactics and make it work at a strategic, consistent level? Is your senior management team onboard, or confused about the benefits of engagement? And critically, do you know how to make it work for you and your organisation?
But no more.
In this short but incisive book, expert consultant and speaker Scott Gould demystifies engagement and breaks it down into seven profoundly simple shapes that explain what causes people to form enduring connections with brands, ideas, organisations, and each other.
Eight years in the making, and drawing on almost two decades of experience, Scott will reveal to you:
- What makes engaging companies outperform their unengaging counterparts by 29.9% increase in stock price year on year .
- What’s getting in the way of your engagement succeeding, and why trying to “get” people to engage doesn’t work.
- Why a click is NOT engagement, and what the difference is between participation, connection, and interaction.
- What the three types of engagement are, and how to tell if they are at work in your organisation.
- What the six psychological steps of engagement are, and what strategies to use at each stage.
- The five things that truly motivate people to engage.
- How to operationalise engagement within an enterprise.
Using the experience and insight drawn from in media and entertainment through to being a church minister, this book is a must-read for anyone working in engagement.