Build Not Buy
As MasterCard have told us, there are some things money can’t buy:
- You can buy a house, but you make a home
- You can buy a car, but you learn to drive
- You can pay for a good wedding, but that doesn’t make you a good husband
- You can buy a ball, but it doesn’t make you a player
Even going to the gym and paying for a personal trainer doesn’t make you fit – you have to do the work and build up your body.
Here’s what I’m seeing a lot of: people buying and selling, but few building.
I think this is what separates just any old event from a community driven event, or separates any old product from a lifestyle product.
What I’m seeing even fewer of is people who don’t just buy an education and theory, but build learning and reality.
Your Leading Thoughts
- Take a moment and tell us – what are you building?
- What is the market for building?