The 4 Values of Leaders
I’ve been writing more and more about leadership as of late, as I in our conversation about participation, media, communication and community, leadership is the vital element that makes it work. If we want to guide rather than govern, that requires strong leadership. Hence this Sunday I want to share another video from John Maxwell on the 4 values of leaders:
John’s 4 points on what the 4 values of a leader are:
- Add value to people. The cardinal sin of poor (and evil) leaders is they don’t.
- Make yourself more valuable. You can’t give what you don’t have.
- Know and relate to what others value. The only way we connect is caring enough to listen.
- Do what God values. This is where value first comes from.
Your Leading Thoughts
- Do you share these values? Or do you have a different set?
- How are you valuing these values?