In the vein of sharing videos over the weekend, this week I have is an exceptional presentation from Sam Ford, Joshua Green and Henry Jenkins that looks at “moving from sticky to spreadable: the antidote to viral marketing and the broadcast mentality.” (You can find out more about the guys at their blog, PepperDigital.)
I love it for a few reasons:
- It clarifies what “viral” really is, and what “spreadable” is. This is useful because it is hard to make a “viral video”, but it is a lot easier and more intuitive to make something “spreadable”. You’ll see what I mean as you watch.
- I love it because it uses language that we’ve been talking about here – spreadable, broadcast, social, reach. I’m right there!
- It gives me some great case studies.
- It helps me to not think of people as single individuals but as nodes in a network – meaning I should consider what is the best for their network, not just for them.
Your Leading Thoughts
- I want to know what your number 1 takeaway is, and how you can use it tomorrow.