Video: The 5 Most Important Blogging Lessons
If you want to know what the 5 most important blogging lessons are, the person to ask is Darren Rowse. He is one of the world’s top 5 bloggers and one of his blogs, ProBlogger, is the go to source for all things blogging. Darren makes a six figure salary from his blogs. This isn’t to say that money is all of our objectives, but the earnest emphasis that Darren places on community makes these 5 lessons applicable to all situations, and as Darren is a pastor of a church and puts that money largely into charities, I think he does indeed know a few things about community.
He recently wrote on the “5 c’s of blogging“, a summary of what he’s learned over 6 years of ProBlogger, of which this is the video:
Darren’s 5 c’s
- Content. “If it’s not enhancing someone’s life in some way, the chances are, they’re not going to come back again”
- Community. “People don’t go online just to consume content any more. They’re actually going online to belong.”
- Connection. “A place where you can continue to have that connection with them, it’s about getting them to subscribe to your blog in some way.”
- Cash. “Experiment with different ways of monetising your blogs.”
- Contribute. “Do something that makes a difference in this world.”
Your Leading Thoughts
- Which of these 5 c’s above is your strong point? Which are your really doing well, and why?
- Which of these is your weak point and needs growth? How can the Friends here help you in that respect?